September 25, 2016

Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins




I have been all about the protein muffins lately. This one is a mash up of several recipes I have made for years but with protein powder added to boost the good for your quotient. These muffins are very moist because of the pumpkin puree and very hardy. I have made these with half brown sugar and half stevia to lower the calories a bit... but you can use all stevia or all brown sugar if you like. I like the flavor of brown sugar, so I prefer half and half. Adding a little ginger or some chipotle chili powder is also delicious in this recipe.



I hope you will try these Autumn muffins and let me know how you liked them!



Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup stevia
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 scoops protein powder (I use TGS Nutrition’s unflavored whey)
15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 beaten egg
5.3 ounce container plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Method:

1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cup pan with paper liners.

2: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and protein powder.

3: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, vanilla, almond milk, egg and Greek yogurt. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir just until combined and dry ingredients are moistened.

4: Gently fold in chocolate chips.

5: Equally divide batter into 12 paper lined muffin cups.

6: Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25  minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean.

Let cool 10 minutes in pan and remove to cooling rack.


Makes 12 muffins





4 comments:

  1. These look incredible. Love the deep, dark chocolate flavor mixed with the pumpkin. Also love the extra protein. I don't know why I don't bake with protein powder. I have some, and yet I never think to add it to baked goods. duh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love muffins, too. Especially pumpkin and chocolate. What brand of whey protein powder do you use? Thanks!

    Penelope
    Ketterman Rowland & Westlund

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good article, you sharing is awesome, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for visiting my kitchen blog. I'm always interested in hearing your ideas, suggestions, and thoughts so please feel free to speak your mind. I try my best to personally respond to all comments, so if you have a question, check back here or enable the "Subscribe by email" option when you leave your comment.